Self confidence – the ability or belief in one’s self to accomplish anything no matter the adversity. Easier said than done right? Wrong. Personally, I think self confidence is a skill and something that you can create and develop. So how do you do it?
In Ivan Joseph’s Ted X talk (https://youtu.be/as6pyWMi-eI), he shares some great steps to up your self confidence skills.
- Repetition builds confidence. The more times you complete a task or mark something off your list, the more you feel you can tackle the next step. Each success adds a little more confidence.
- You’ve got to have some “stick-to-it”ivness in you. Even if you fail you don’t quit. You look for another way to succeed and try again. Remember if plan a, b, and c fail you’ve still got 23 more letters to go.
- There’s enough negative in the world. Other people may tell you you will fail, but why be one of them. Don’t speak negatively to yourself. I have the hardest time with this. I’m my own worst critic.
- Celebrate the wins. What went right? What did you do good? Write them down. Remember them. We improve much faster when we notice the good rather than point out all the fails.
- Unless you believe in you, why should anyone else?
So start skill building today.