Success is interesting. No two successes are exactly the same, but there are many similarities. How you get there reflects greatly on how your personal brand will be perceived.
As your success grows, you’ll notice certain signs along the way. Knowing these signs in advance can be motivating. As you notice one, you’ll feel a new wave of motivation since you know you’re making progress.
Keep your eyes open for these signs of success:
A greater willingness to take risks
- Playing it safe is a sure sign that nothing spectacular is going to happen.
- Success requires the involvement of others.
- One of the most effective ways to build relationships is to demonstrate integrity.
- You’ll even find yourself doing the right thing when no one is watching. It becomes a habit.
The ability to deal with obstacles and setbacks
- The more you attempt, the more challenges you’ll face.
- You’ll soon learn that these phenomena aren’t that big of a deal. You just deal with them and continue toward your goals.
- The more you attempt to accomplish, the more you’ll appreciate the many blessings you already possess.
Less concern regarding the opinions of others
- You’ll find that many of the least successful people you know are those most concerned with the opinions of others. They’re paralyzed by fear and refuse to do anything that might lead to failure and criticism.
You raise your standards
- Once you’re satisfied, you’re done making progress.
- When you raise your standards, you create a new floor for your behavior and results.
A clear vision for the future
- It’s hard to be successful if you don’t know where you’re headed.
- A clear objective makes the next step easier to see.
Freedom from the past
- Successful people are focused on today and the future.
- They don’t have the time to worry about what happened 10 years ago or even 10 days ago.
- Those that struggle with success imagine that success requires amazing effort and spectacular accomplishments.
- But success is boring 99% of the time.
- It’s the result of taking effective, and often boring, actions day after day.
The ability to laugh at yourself
- When you see what success entails, you’ll laugh at your former self. Enjoy life and laugh at yourself on a regular basis.
Some successes are easier to witness than others. It’s easy to measure your bank account or your body weight. Other successes come more subtly and take longer periods of time. However, there are signs you can expect to see on the road to success.
Keep your eyes open. Each time you see one, you’ll gain a boost of motivation and know you’re on the right path!