I love hearing from women who are making a difference and working their passion. Dr. Adrienne Booth Johnson, with Infinity Global Connections, is living her dream and encouraging all of us to do the same.
While attending the Leading Women event, she encouraged us to “Unleash the Greatness Within.”
If you’ve read many of my posts, you know I talk a lot about recognizing the fact each of us have a set of gifts and skills just waiting to be used. We all need reminding we are enough and we are supposed to us that energy to make a difference in our personal lives and in the lives of others.
I think Dr. Adrienne would agree. She said we all have power within us and we just need to know how to release it and put it to use.
She encouraged all of us to never listen to people who talked down to us and it’s ok to snip those naysayers out of your life. I call it deleting negativity. You don’t need it around you and you don’t need to allow the power of someone else’s words to make you doubt yourself.
Using her background as a track athlete, Dr. Adrienne, helped us visualize a success strategy.
1. Stay in your lane and don’t let anyone get in yours. If runners cross into another’s lane, they are disqualified. It’s important to keep our eye on the prize and let others run their own race.
2. It’s important not to get hung up on looking in the stands to see who was watching you. If you fall or fail, the important thing is to brush it off and keep on going. Each race prepares us for the next one. There’s always another race coming.
3. You have to pass the baton. It’s important to pass along what you know to someone else.
4. Never give up. Persevere. You’ve got to keep moving forward even when stuff falls on you.. When you work hard, you’ll win. Live with no fear.
5. Be fearless and push through the pain.
6. It’s ok to enjoy the win.
She closed with a challenge. Don’t settle and don’t compromise. Listen to that voice inside you. And when you follow your passion, don’t forget to give back. Ask yourself what is it that you want to do? Remember, you don’t have to help everybody, just help some body. Focus on giving and giving back. If GOD gives you the vision, he will give you the provision.
What’s the voice inside of you encouraging you to do or try? What do you need to make it happen? Let’s start a conversation.
BONUS: Check out how Dr. Adrienne is paying it forward.